- Connected a scan tool and found code P2647 – Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch Circuit High. Inspected the engine oil level and condition, found that its dirty and low. Removed the variable valve timing and lift electronic control (VTEC) oil pressure switch and used an oil pressure gauge to measure the engine oil pressure. The measured engine oil pressure was above the specification. At idle, used a multi-meter to inspect for voltage at the valve timing control solenoid and found the specified voltage, increased the engine speed to specification and found the voltage increased to the specified voltage. Used the multi-meter to measure the resistance of the valve timing control solenoid and found the measured resistance was within specification. However noticed a lot of build up on the solenoid. Needs to be cleaned. Heard a noise coming from the front of the vehicle's engine. Found the noise grew louder as engine speed increased. With the engine idling, used an electronic stethoscope to confirm the noise was coming from inside the engine timing belt cover. Key off, removed the engine timing belt cover. Ran the engine and confirmed the noise was still present. Removed the engine timing belt, inspected it, and found it was cracked. Needs to have timing belt kit with water pump replaced. Performed a visual inspection of the engine compartment, but found no obvious faults. Raised the vehicle on the lift, and used a pry bar to inspect for movement in the engine and transmission mounts. Found an engine mount was collapsed, which caused the vibration. Also drive belt is worn. These components can be replaced during the timing belt replacement because they are going to be removed in the process. Also inspected the oil pan drain plug. It is damaged beyond repair will need to have engine oil pan replaced.
- REMOVE ALL NECESSARY COMPONENTS. REMOVE AND CLEAN VVT SOLENOID. ASSEMBLE TOGETHER AND MAKE ALL NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS. TEST ALL AFFECTED AREAS.
- REMOVE ALL NECESSARY COMPONENTS IN THE TIMING BELT AREA. REMOVE AND REPLACE TIMING BELT, IDLER PULLEY, TENSIONER, WATER PUMP AND GASKET. ALSO REPLACE RIGHT ENGINE MOUNT AND DRIVE BELT. ASSEMBLE TOGETHER AND MAKE ALL NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS.
- REMOVE AND REPLACE CRANKSHAFT SEAL
- DRAIN ENGINE OIL. REMOVE AND REPLACE ENGINE OIL PAN AND OIL PAN GASKET. ASSEMBLE TOGETHER AND MAKE ALL NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS. ADD MOTOR OIL AND CHANGE OIL FILTER.
CHUCK K. gave our service a 5 star review on 1/21/2023